The user manager page allows you to add, delete and manage users on the ClearOS system.
The Marketplace depends on users/groups, this app is automatically installed when you install ClearOS.
You can find this feature in the menu system at the following location:
The first thing you will see on the user manager page is a summary of existing users. This summary includes the username and full name.
When adding or editing a user, you must configure the following fields:
- First name
- Last name
In addition, you can also:
- Configure optional fields such as telephone number, address, title, and more.
- Select the permitted applications for the user.
- Specify group membership on the system.
A username must follow these conventions:
- Must be all lower case (may 3rd party apps and services require this)
- Can contain letters, numbers, and the following special characters: _ - . $
Your ClearOS password must follow these rules:
- Must start with a letter or number
- Must not contain the following characters: | ; *
content/en_us/6_users.txt · Last modified: 2016/02/29 08:52 by dloper