ClearOS 7.6.0 2019 Q3 Release Information
Released: 1 July 2019
ClearFoundation and ClearCenter are proud to announce the Q3 maintenance release of ClearOS 7.6. This is a minor release rolls up patches made to ClearOS 7.6 since its release.
Features and Bug Fixes Included in this 7.6.0 Q3 Release
- Storage Manager Improvements.
- Console login bug fixed
New Features Included in 7.6.0 Release and Since 7.5.0
- NextCloud for Business
- Annotation Libraries and Support for some Cyrus Annotations
- iLO Management (iLO 5)
- AMIBIOS Management (Specifically for the HPE MicroServer Gen10)
New Upstream Features and Improvements Include
- Additional container support with new tools such as Podman (a container management tool) that complements the previously released tools such as Buildah and Skopeo. Podman can replace docker.
- Policy-Based Decryption (PBD)
- GnuTLS support Hardware Security Module (HSM)
- OpenSSL now works with CPACF
- nftables enchancements and the nft command for greater packet filtering insight
- OpenSC support for new smart cards
- Greater support for kdump, network, and timesync
- Integration of Extended Berkeley Packet Filter (eBPF)
- and much, much more.
ClearOS 7 features a Community, Home, and Business version. All versions of ClearOS will install from the same install image. You will be required to select your version during the initial setup wizard on the first boot after ClearOS is installed.
New Business, Community Tools, and Services
- Central Hub for all things 'Clear' at clear.co.com
- Launch of ClearCommunity, Social Networking Platform
- Launch of ClearEnergy site and products
The full change logs can be found here:
Roadmap Tracker and Open Bugs
Please post your feedback in the ClearOS 7.6 2019 Q3 Community Discussion Forum.
The single ISO image for ClearOS Community, Home, and Business is available from the any of several mirrors here.
|Image Name||Install Type||SHA256 sum|
Virtual Machine and Cloud Images
Virtual Machine and Cloud Images are not yet available for this release.
|Amazon EC2||clearos-7.2.0 - ami-8fb03898||Install and run updates to 7.5|
Upgrade from Earlier ClearOS Community 6.x Releases
There is no supported method for upgrading directly from ClearOS 6 to ClearOS 7. But you may upgrade indirectly.
Make a copy of your configuration data. Backup your user data as well or retire your ClearOS 6 hard disk drives as roll back devices. ClearOS 7 now supports the import of your configuration data but not your user data.
Upgrade from Earlier ClearOS Community 7.x Releases
Upgrades from 7.1.0 on properly running systems will happen automatically. To manually upgrade from ClearOS 7.1.0 or to validate that you are at the latest version run: