Sites that Have Trouble with the Content Filter / Proxy Server
Some sites fail to work properly through the content filter or through the web proxy. There are a number of reasons why this can occur but most typical are:
- Site uses authentication method that requires non-proxied connection
- Site uses proprietary protocols, wrappers, or methods which the content filter or proxy interprets as garbage
- Site uses proprietary protocols, wrappers, or methods which the content filter or proxy interprets as a virus or malware
- Site uses malware, spyware, or other known tracking vectors which is correctly classified as such and you have those options enabled
- Site violates HTML standards
- Site has browser specific requirements which cannot be proxied well
Overcoming broken sites
The primary reaction would be to white list the main site but often the error comes from an element of the site which fails to register in the URL bar. You can find out what that element is and whitelist it or add it to the web proxy bypass by following this guide. Using this process, you can discover the particular elements that are getting jammed and add their domain names (NOT THE URL) to the web proxy bypass. Please also join the discussion on the community site and add any sites that you find.
Common bad actors
The following are some sites which are reported as being 'bad actors' with the content filter or web proxy. Some administrators add similar lists to either their 'Web Proxy Bypass' and/or to their WPAD configuration file and firewall exemption lists.
adobe.com platformdl.adobe.com sales.liveperson.net adobe.tt.omtrdc.net aihdownload.adobe.com www.adobetag.com fpdownload.macromedia.com ox-d.adobe.com get.adobe.com dlmping2.adobe.com www.flash.com 18.104.22.168 stats.adobe.com www.adobe.com wwwimages.adobe.com
Oracle - Sun - Java
javadl.sun.com javadl-esd.sun.com java.sun.com sdlc-esd.sun.com