The original website development thread seems to have disappeared and I wanted to try and collate some feedback as things still seem a bit broken in places;-
1. Some threads (new posts and some old) return 404 errors. (e.g this new post
and this old Xfce howto is missing...
cache version is fine though..
2. Thread display still shows posts in 'latest' view with newest reply at the top, although you have to scroll to the bottom to add your reply. Clicking 'oldest' view for chronological thread view like the old forums still does not work. It's quite hard to read threads in reverse :-)
3. web site development / questions category disappeared?
4. profile menu in the top right hand corner has been updated but still takes up the whole screen - are the roll over screens necessary? in general the menu experiences is my view ... slightly overwhelming.
5. forum summary -> it's not possible to determine if a thread has new posts since your last visit
7. the ability to set a location for a post (with a large insert map) also seems to add unnecessary bloat
8. posting a reply to a thread automatically subscribes you with follow up replies on email (even if you have turned off your preferences) - mail subscription icon on each thread is very small
I don't mean to be overly critical but I'm still struggling to get use to the new one... :-)
I am also finding the new site a bit slow although I do like the appearance and layout. Initially when you click on a forum post there is a noticeable delay while you wait for the page to load. I have tried both firefox and IE the problem seems slightly worse in Firefox but not by much. I am in the UK just using ADSL but the old site felt quicker.
Hello, nice new site!
I'm looking on this site/forum the last view days, but the page loading time is very long.
It takes 5 to 9 seconds to load a single page.
I'm living in The Netherlands i have test it with 3 different connections.
With my gigabit fiber connection.
With a 200 Mbit cable connection.
With my mobile phone Vodafone 4g+ 25> Mbit