I installed per the instructions, but this is only meant to run in a local shell after executing scl enable rh-nodejs10 bash. I updated my service startup script to use this version of node (find with ‘which node’)
Would still like to see node updated in our repo.
Im trying to convince you to dL the source code and compile it and build a rpm, that way the dependency will be for what we have installed and put it in our repo.
I’m having problems with code failing npm code requiring restarting.
Our code is f frequently out of date forcing us to find other repositories to get it working, like Plex.
our version is old (nodejs-6.17.1-1.e17.x86_64), when i try to install nodejs-10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64.rpm many other dependencies need updating:
rpm -U nodejs-10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
warning: nodejs-10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID ac25decd: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
http-parser >= 2.7.0 is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libcrypto.so.1.1()(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libcrypto.so.1.1(OPENSSL_1_1_0)(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libhttp_parser.so.2()(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libnghttp2.so.14()(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libnghttp2_14_17_1 >= 1.34.0 is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libssl.so.1.1()(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
libssl.so.1.1(OPENSSL_1_1_0)(64bit) is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
npm = 1:6.4.1-22.214.171.124.2.el7 is needed by nodejs-1:10.13.0-2.el7.x86_64
nodejs = 1:6.17.1-1.el7 is needed by (installed) npm-1:3.10.10-126.96.36.199.1.el7.x86_64
I haven’t had any issues since my last reboot 14 days ago. I’m starting to believe that accessing the admin page using chrome on my iPad caused my issues by coroupting my dhcp settings.
Chrome will display “root” for my dhcp net mask! And who knows what else...
It seems to happen more then I notice as I randomly find my Logitech remote hubs off line, they don’t recover and require to be reset. I’ve also have noticed messages.from my SmartThings hub that it is now back online.
i also have nodejs installed and running. about four weeks ago i wrote a service startup script to start my alarm integration server to smartthings (node), so naturally i was thinking that was the cause. but not so much anymore.
The update changed my dhcp start and end range for some reason. Seems to split the range of the netmask, with first half for static and second for dhcp...
Also chrome on iPad doesn’t display all fields correctly, specifically the IP address fields, bottom one comes up root for netmask..