The advanced firewall tool can be used to create special firewall rules. For instance, you can use this tool to allow connections to webconfig from the Internet – but only from a particular IP address. Please use with caution!
If you did not select this module to be included during the installation process, you must first install the module.
You can find this feature in the menu system at the following location:
An invalid advanced rule will cause the firewall to go into a lock-down mode – all other firewall rules will not be active in this mode.
Allowing Access to Port X from Single Remote IP Address
- Scenario: Opening a port for remote administration but only for a particular IP address.
- Example: Webconfig access for remote IP 220.127.116.11
Allowing Access to Port X on a Virtual IP Address
- Scenario: Opening a port for a virtual IP address configured on the system.
- Example: Secure web server access on virtual IP 18.104.22.168
Forwarding Port X from Single Remote IP Address
- Scenario: Forwarding a port to the local network but only for a particular IP address.
- Example: SSH access to 192.168.2.16 on the LAN, but only from 22.214.171.124
content/en_us/5_advanced_firewall.txt · Last modified: 2015/03/02 08:00 (external edit)